A few collages, because there are so many pictures!
What a fun holiday season this was. We started out with Eric leaving for 2 weeks to Asia, right after Thanksgiving which really put a hamper on our holiday cheer! But we tried to not let it stop us! We tried to pack in as much holiday fun as possible while he was gone. It even included a wonderful break in the action from Auntie Lolo coming down!
These glasses were given to us from Nana and Bapa Gordy a year or two ago but they are so fun to put on year after year.
Hand painted/glittered JOY sign, Christmas ornament from my (in heaven) Grandma Ginny. I think of her every time I display it :(. Our Bradford Advent calendar which had mini candy canes. Not shown is the main Advent Calendar that my Grandma Great (who passed away 12.26.13) cross stitched. Its the same pattern I had as a kid and she made one for my sister and I many many years ago. I adore it. The boys got either a mini chocolate bar, or a Hershey kiss on that one. Tis the season!! Also is the Nativity Scene that Ethan and I made from a kit which took FOREVER!!! And a pic from Ethan's old school from last Christmas.
The stocking were hung... Look at Eric's stocking which his mom made for him many moons ago. So sweet. And mine is cross stitched from my Grandma Greta when I was a baby. She made one for Chase before she passed away but thought she made one for Ethan (but didn't (sad)). Reindeer plate made by Ethan's old school 2 years ago. Timree Gold Santa cookie plate, nativity scene again, Family Room, Grandma Greta's Santa picture and Chloe dog's stocking.
Some home décor (prepping for the Xmas day party-the TV normally isn't in the living room!)
Outside lights. The last of them got taken down yesterday and Ethan said "now our house is boring!!!" He was so sad. And Chase LOVED going to see lights. He hated when it was time to go home. Oh man, he loved it!
Christmas Eve. Getting the cookies, milk and carrots ready and looking at the tree.
Christmas morning was a whirlwind. Ethan got up surprisingly at 7am and I could not hold his excitement anymore so I had to wake Chase up at 7:15. Poor guy was so confused and didn't fully get what all of the hype was about. Running down the stairs, tearing open presents, and Ethan finishing off the cookies that Santa didn't quite eat. He's a junk food-aholic!
We hosted Christmas Day at our house which was my Dad's side of the family. I rented tons of stuff so I/we wouldn't have to wash everything. Plates, silverware, belly bars, outdoor heater, and the best part was the 8' low children's table and chairs. The garage was the children's area which kept them super busy.
There were 31 people in my house, and we were missing 22 people!!! My dad is 1 of 7 so there are lots of aunts/uncles/cousins in the family. Some are out of state, one family stays behind now due to health issues, and others were visiting with in laws instead. I can't imagine what 53 people would have felt like if all had come! It actually didn't feel that crowded due to the kids being in the garage, and our little backyard worked out just fine!
OK work starts back on Monday and now I will continue to be in my "Christmas is over" depression! Only 11 more months until we can do it all again! :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment