Sweet Chasey boy is 2 1/2! What??? Babyhood is juuuust about over. I feel it...and it hurts! :( Sweet little love.
It's super fun having the doctor be 40 minutes late during cold and flu season.
4:00 appointment. We get called back at 4:20 for weight and height. We're in the room by 4:23 or so. 4:25 the nurse walks back in with the percentiles. I ask how far behind the doctor is. 2 ahead of us. I tell her we'll be in the play area and to come re-call us. The kids were everywhere in the exam room! Exam table, otoscope, trash can, door handle. Bleh. So what's worse? An empty exam room with nothing to do, or a germ infested waiting room? Well, most of the cases seen today were apparently influenza (and MMR shots due to the Measles outbreak) so we'll see just how effective our flu shots were!
Anyhow, back to the little man.
He has an ear infection (left ear). I think it's his 2nd ever?? He has had a runny nose for a few days, but no lack of energy. But this morning he said "my ear hurt" so I figured something might be up. I had a work training in Temecula and we already had our scheduled well visit for the afternoon so I sent him to school as he had no fever, and the energy level and appetite was still super high. He took a long nap at school and upon pickup he had some green gunk in his eye so the antibiotics should clear everything up. Despite all of this he still is a bundle of energy. We'll reassess him in the morning. He may need a little home TLC tomorrow!
Height: 36 1/2" (67 %), ...but at 2yo he was 37" (97%) so who knows. I think today's height is more accurate.
Weight: 33# (82%) The doctor said he looked a little huskier now than at 2. Haha. I don't see it as I see him every day.
BMI: 80% (was 25% last time due to wacky height ratio)
I was able to check all of the boxes for him, which were: pretend play, play with others, understands 2 or more ideas in a sentence, identifies pictures named, will bring 3 items on request, uses short phrases/sentences, 50% language is understandable, uses "I" or "me" or "mine", states first name, points to 6 body parts, stacks 6-8 objects, turns a knob, throws a ball overhand, brushes teeth w/ help, copies a vertical line, jumps up and down, walk on tip toes, put on some clothes.
He wears size 6 diapers and is SO ready to potty train. But Eric and I aren't! I really don't want to do it, even though I know he will be a piece of cake. We'll get there eventually, we just don't want to be home for 3 days straight! Bleh!
He wears a 9.5 shoe
Chase has 18 teeth (still waiting on the upper 2 yo molars)
He wears 3T clothes, and 4T jammies
He is asleep by 8pm and awake by 7/7:15am. He takes a 1.5-2.5 hour nap at school, and a 2-3 hour nap at home. He is a wonderful sleeper and is a morning person (unlike the rest of the household).
He always says "lay me" (lay with me) right before bed. So in his crib/toddler bed I go. I love cuddling this boy. I also love when he says "hold you" (hold me) when he gets a boo boo or Ethan has upset him. Love!
Chase LOVES school. I mean loves it. He wants a "school day" so badly and really loves his teachers Miss Vicki and Miss Whisper. They are so loving and nurturing and we feel really happy with his progression. There is never a cry during the dropoff transition and he is happy as a clam to see us in the afternoon at pickup. Miss Vicki says he is SUCH a big helper. He is the BEST listener and is very compassionate to others if they are hurt. He is a sweet loving little guy!
He is a good eater, but loves carbs. He is pretty good with fruits and veggies too. He still LOVES dipping. Any sauce will do!
Another big change is that we converted his crib to a toddler bed. It has gone better than expected.
Another big change is that we converted his crib to a toddler bed. It has gone better than expected.
Every morning when I let him out of his room the very first thing he says is "I wanna watch Baby Einstein". There is no time for cuddling, or a gradual wakeup. It's a mission. He has to walk downstairs asap and get a show on.

We also took down the lower baby gate soon after Christmas. He could climb over it if he wanted to, and it wasn't real effective any more...so it's gone. See? More baby stuff, vanishing!
Also, he is paci free! He still loves his blanky (specifically blue blanky for home, and brown blanky for school).
The boys have been playing somewhat better these days. It is minute by minute though.

He actually is real affectionate towards Chloe. Although the other day, he was in the other room and I heard Chloe bark at him and scamper onto my lap. So I don't know what he did to her but it's a good reminder to not let them be alone together. Only supervised. I'm sure he was messing with her face or pulled her hair. We only let the boys pet her back.

Chase still loves Baby Mozart, and this scene specifically. He loves when this lizard says "Blaaaaahhh" and laughs so hard even still. This scene was his first giggle as a baby, and he still loves it!

He loves his LeapPad which is really limited time-wise. And always seems to want to be wherever I don't want him! Like here when I'm trying to cook dinner!

The boys playing cars on the stairs. They haven't played with this in a while and they surprisingly played for like an hour without fighting!

We are just so proud of the little boy he is becoming. He is loving and kind, and just fun to be around. Love you sweet Chasey boy!










No comments:
Post a Comment