Thursday, December 6, 2012

Chase 4 months old

4 months old (Large)

Chase, you are 4 months old!  What???  Time was going SO slowly when you were 4 weeks old but now it has sped up!  :( 
 
You are EXACTLY the same size as your brother was at 4 months. 
 
26 inches long (84%)
18 1/2 pounds (86%)
42cm head circ (43%)
 
Literally, how are they the exact same measurements---insane.
 
He is reaching all of his targets for being 4 months old and is doing so great!
 
Chase is in size 3 diapers
 
He is wearing 6-9 month clothing and 12 month pajamas.  Really????? 
 
Since last month he is on a complete schedule as we totally implemented the 3 day sleep solution.  It was a rough day or two, but as usual, I'm so glad we did it because now he sleeps through the night! 
 
He takes 2 big naps and 1 small nap.  Napping from about 8-10 (sometimes 8-9:30) and 12-2 (sometimes 12-1:30) and takes a quick nap from 4-4:45, but lately everything has been shifting earlier and you're up a bit longer before bed.
 
He's a belly sleeper.  Yup, full time.  The doctor covered her ears and said "la la la" when I told her this because it's not good, but my kiddos sleep better on their belly's.  And with the Angelcare monitor, I'm ok with it. 
 
Chase can roll from belly to back, but hasn't done the reverse yet.  Probably because he's always on his stomach and whenever he's on his back he's usually in the carseat or bouncer.
 
He eats 4 times a day, eating roughly 6-8 ounces (28-32oz/day).  I still nurse him every chance I am nearby but he will get bottles obviously if I'm at work.  I'm very happy that breastfeeding is going way better this time around and I'm thrilled he's getting my antibodies!  I hope he's as healthy as Ethan is!
 
He is cooing and babbling and smiling like crazy and I love it.
 
He can bat at his toys hanging down from the bouncy chair and he can even pull the rings to make the (annoying) sounds and songs.  ::Rawr::
 
We got the green light to start baby food but I'm just not ready.  He doesn't seem ready either.  I remember Ethan was a bit more interested in our food and he seems to be uninterested.  Maybe it's because I don't want him to move to this phase because then he's starting to be a big boy.  Hmmmm.  I also very rarely shop anymore except Amazon.com.  And believe me, I looked for boxed oatmeal, but it's like a 5 pack and that's too much.  So, I guess I'll need to get to the store at some point!
 
He's a finger sucker.  Pointer and middle fingers.  Either hand will do.
 
 
IMG-20121117-01752
 
Smiles!
 
IMG-20121111-01659
 
 
Checking out the tree
 
IMG_4851 (Large)
 
 
My sweet boy!
 
42_Kristin_102612 edit (Large)
 
He loves being in the jumper.  50% of the time a poop blowout up the back happens so I definitely think he likes it more than I do.
 
 
IMG_4390 (Medium)
 
Getting ready to go out on a walk with his too small infant hat. 
 
IMG-20121129-00083
 
 
Chase is SUCH a joy and he makes us smile every day!!!

No comments: