This was us last weekend at a local real estate office who had pictures with Santa. There were only 3 families in front of us and I was SO happy to be doing this NOT at a mall! Ethan was excited to see Santa but when he got close, he freaked. Mr. Scrooge Eric rolled his eyes at me. He wonders why I even make him do this type of thing. Afterall, there were so many more pressing things to do at home like mow the lawn or pickup dog poop! :) But even though this is how I KNEW the pictures would turn out, this is 3! This is what we'll remember, and who doesn't want this moment captured for all of eternity! I'm glad we went!
We're finally coming out of the fog of sickness. Last Wednesday I got a sore throat. Thursday I was sick. Friday and Saturday were miserable. Sunday morning, Ethan started sounding sick, but after he woke up from his nap on Sunday he sounded awful and I had to cancel last minute on a friend's Christmas gathering/open house. I HATE flaking last minute-it drives me crazy, but Ethan and I were both sounding and looking awful and I wouldn't want to expose anyone to that! Then Eric came down with it, and finally my sweet Chase on Monday. His first cold! He sounds like a little piggy snorting while he eats and sleeps. Poor guy!
We continue to have major issues with Ethan and going potty. We even had a meeting with his teachers and administrators because it needs to improve. Other kids are peeing their pants "because Ethan does". They see he is getting attention. So we've got some ideas and we're all on the same page and we'll be working hard to get him going potty consistently in the toilet and improve on listening the first time. He's a handful lately and is officially the MOST stubborn kid in his classroom (out of 24 kids!). I really do love his school so much for caring about him and working together to fix these issues!
We finally hired a nanny! Jenna is great and will be starting soon!
Nothing too much going on, just getting through this week, so we can enjoy some holiday family time! I still have half of my Christmas shopping to do! :(




1 comment:
LOVE the photos. Chase watching his big brother in the first one is so cute. Ethan's squirming is classic. :) He'll love to see these when he's 16. Merry Christmas from Bellingham!!
Post a Comment