Saturday, August 30, 2014

Happy 39th Birthday Eric!

Eric turned 39 on Friday!!  Woo hoo!
 
A few weeks ago, in anticipation of this big birthday before THE big birthday, I had just Ethan with me and thought it would be fun to do a little birthday shopping for dad at the 99 cents store.  I had to pickup my contact lenses and this gem of a store was in the same center  :) 
 
I told Ethan he could get 10 things for Dad and 1 thing for himself.  I had very little persuasion on the gifts he got Eric, except I would question him every once in a while saying "Ethan is that for you, or dad?"  And most every time it was "oh no mom, dad will LOVE this!"  Bless his little heart!
 
IMG_8379
 
This was not the final gift tally as towards the end some of this had to go back so we could get to 10.
IMG_8381
 
We made dad a chocolate cake with one of those giant cupcake molds.  Ethan decorated clearly, but I don't think even my best job would have turned out much better!
IMG_7145
 
IMG_7153
Ethan even wrapped every single gift himself as evident by the tons of wrapping paper and tons of tape.  Chase colored the envelope and Ethan colored the card.
IMG_8729
 
IMG_7160
Eric's favorite gift was the "Beanee Weenees" and the (as Ethan calls it) Knight candle (aka one of those "Jesus" candles you find at the grocery store that had a saint on it)
IMG_7161
 
IMG_7162
 
IMG_7180

Chase was mesmerized by this candle.  He had JUST woken up from his nap.  :)
IMG_7204
 
 
That evening we had our old nanny come over and Eric and I saw Bobby Slayton at Mad House Comedy Club downtown.  I'm not a huge fan of standup comedy but Eric loves it.  I mean loves it!
IMG_8752
 
We were surprised to see that the restaurant (Napa Valley Grille) where we had our rehearsal dinner has been transformed into this comedy house.
IMG_8750
 
It was a fun day!  Happy Birthday Eric!
 
The gifts were:
  1. A foam rocket shooter
  2. "Knight" candle
  3. a matching Matchbox car like the one gift that Ethan got there
  4. Beanee Weenees (baked beans and hot dogs)
  5. superhero tattoos
  6. Chocolate cars
  7. A "pincher" claw toy (a grapple as Eth calls it)
  8. Batman cotton candy (gross)
  9. Plastic safety glasses
  10. Decorative Gems (think the bottom of a fish bowl)
 
This will be a yearly tradition I'm thinking!
 

No comments: