Monday, August 25, 2014

August picture dump!

Warning...lots of pictures!  No time to blog these days, so a picture dump will have to do!  :)  In no particular order...
 
Daddy and Chase playing at Chili's
IMG_7905
 
Chase playing trains at Barnes & Noble
IMG_7838
 
 
Our new to us backyard playground.  Our nearby friends were so sweet to pass this down as the kiddos had outgrown it.  I have a delish bottle of wine on my counter to thank them but just can't get myself together to get it there! :)
IMG_7814
 
Just no words.  This occurs daily.  Weirdo's!
IMG_7758
 
Mom and Eth selfie
IMG_7735
 
A little kid cornhole
IMG_7687
 
Chase brushing
IMG_7523
 
A few weeks ago I popped into Party City and found $15 Halloween costumes.  We bought a few.  Not sure what Ethan will end up being but I think Chase is good to go.  Done!
IMG_7493
 
A painting party at my cousin's house
painting party 2
 
It was so much fun.  It's so easy to overcriticize yourself...and to be a perfectionist.  It was such a fun thing to do!
painting party
 
Hanging out in Dana Point in the fire truck.  Chase was a bit scared and Ethan wouldn't go in it.
IMG_8612
IMG_8610
 
Haircuts for the boys
\ IMG_8598
IMG_8597
 
I love seeing what fun position Ethan will be in when I tuck him in before I got to bed.  I thought this one was so sweet.
IMG_8587
 
Snow cones are a big thing around here!
IMG_8582
 
Ethan had no school on Friday so I took the day off and we went bowling.  We also had lunch and he requested Mariah's...his fave.  And he even requested French toast and bacon for lunch.  OK bud, whatever works!
IMG_8555
IMG_8549
 
 
Chase's hand me down kicks from Ethan.  Presh!
IMG_7021
 
Popsicles are always a hit too...
IMG_6972 IMG_6959
 
Monday was another no school day, and another day off for me.  We hung out to watch the guys working on the park by our house. 
IMG_8451
 
He really wanted to watch the coffee drip out.
IMG_8364
 
Ethan had his last day at Aspirations.  We've been there for 3 years and it's so strange to say goodbye.  Ethan entered as a sweet and crazy newly turned 2 year old and now he's nearly 5!  I will miss the parents and kids the most.  Luckily I've made some amazing friends and we will continue to see each other, and I will make every attempt to do play dates with the kids for Ethan's sake. 
IMG_6852 IMG_6841
 
In true Ethan fashion, he went out with a bang.  Thank God it was our last day, or maybe they would have booted us?!?  :)  His class (room Sette) sang "Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush".  I knew right away he was a little punchy.  He grabbed the microphone while walking onto the stage and said "hello everybody" and "hi mom" etc.  Ugg.  Then the song starts.  So it goes..."this is the way we get out of bed, get out of bed, get out of bed", "this is the way we brush our hair, brush our hair, brush our hair...so early in the morning" etc.  About mid way through he works his way to the front row and sings "this is the way we eat our poop, eat our poop, eat our poop".  In.front.of.the.whole.school.  I have it on video if anyone wants to take a gander.  I was mortified and was giving him the "I'm going to behead you motion".  He just kept on going.  He thought he was hilarious.  I would have yanked him off stage but that would have caused more commotion.  Luckily I was with 5 other moms 2 days later and none of them were able to hear what the words were.  But I knew.  :(  This kid!!!
IMG_6819
 
Chase rocking his 2nd cleaning.  He's so easy!  Love that baby.
IMG_8327
 
Ethan's 1st soccer uniform!  Everyone is on the same team and they are all number 14.  Haha.  They breakout depending on who shows up.  It will be interesting, that's for sure!
IMG_8290
 
Mom heading to work.  Chase crying over something.  Probably his "dee dee" (paci) which I made him throw in his crib before going downstairs.
IMG_8217
 
Eric and I went to the horse races and sat at the Turf Club.  We love our annual ride from Rancho Santa Fe to Del Mar in the Tesla!
IMG_8199
 
With Cathi and Larry.  My long time friend, and realtor (her) and property manager (him).
IMG_8197
 
Ethan curling his lashes.  Haha!  I never use that thing.
IMG_8115 IMG_8120
 
I had to go to Chicago earlier this month.  I had a great year and had to speak in front of the entire sales organization twice.  I hate that stuff, but am flattered I was asked.  Here is my cube award. 135% to plan.  Now my goal is up 25%.  It never really pays to blow it out of the water. 
IMG_8101
 
Silly bath boys
IMG_8015
 
Chase wearing moms workout shoes.
IMG_7948
 
Ethan, the dress up king!
IMG_6768
 
Hangin with the neighbor ladies
GG Ethan Kate
 
These two have a love/hate relationship.  Here's the hate...
IMG_7940 IMG_7126
 
And here's the love...
IMG_7122
 
Tonight we went to the beach.  Really my 1st time with just me and them.  And my last. 
 
Chase with those waves which were heading out for low tide.  No thanks.  My back hurts from carrying him back to the car in the Ergo, a beach bag, a small cooler, another bag, and a tote of sand toys, and up a huge ramp to get back to the parking lot.  He did NOT want to go, but I was over it.  Never again alone (until he's older and can listen/understand better)!  They had fun and Ethan was doing a little dance here.  Love them!
IMG_7047 edit IMG_7051 edit

No comments: