Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Home tour 7.11.12

{All is good here.  As of Monday I was 2cm dilated and my doctor thinks I'll have this baby mid next week, but who really knows!}

I think it will be fun to have this as a record and see how far we've already come and how far we will come down the road.  The pics aren't very good--low quality!

We got a letter from the HOA saying that our garage doors needed to be repainted.  Ya, no kidding.  We really need to get the whole house painted but for now Eric painted the garage doors, front door and side door.  I wish we could pick a more exciting color scheme, like many of the homes on our street, but it is what it is.


We also planted some new flowers by the front door.  To the right of that is UGLY!  We need to have that dug up w/ a bobcat or something (or do the back breaking work ourselves), dig out 4" of bad dirt, lay new dirt and put sod in it.  It is EXPENSIVE to do all of that so for now we look like WT.  Don't even get me started on the backyard.  Lots of work to do there too! 


Family room.  This room has 1/2 of our sectional in it.  We need to get a couch for this room and had one purchased from Roomors but after checking the dimensions, I realized I wrote down the wrong figure and it wouldn't fit.  So we went back to change it and she recalculated it incorrectly by $800 so we cancelled it altogether and need to start from scratch!  :(  So for now it looks, um interesting.  Those 2 built ins still have boxes in them.  1 box is frames that I have no idea what to do with and the other 2 is stereo equipment that Eric is attempting to sell.  Our tv is old but the tv console and sound bar are new.

Kitchen.  You can see the flooring.  I bought drapes for that slider on Sunday but need the rod to hold them up.  I also need new (vibrant) rugs by that door, sink and refrigerator.


The living room/toyroom has the other 1/2 of our sectional.  It will eventually be put back together and go along the opposite side as the toys.  I need something on that big wall above the toys.  NO idea what.


New flooring by the front door.


New flooring - dining room.  I need to hang stuff on that other wall too (not shown).  I'm so scared to hang anything!  And buying new big stuff is $$$!


Looking from the front door.


Downstairs 1/2 bath.  Again, I have nothing on the walls.  My original idea was to stencil, but now that we have the busy-ish tile I don't know if it will look good.  So it continues to be bare walls.


Baby boy's room.  The "It's a Boy" banner is obviously not permanent...it was from my shower last weekend. 


We hung this shelf above the changing table too high so it isn't very functional, but we don't want to fix it.  And there is lots of space below the changing table.  I have no idea what I'll do w/ that shelf but those pictures are of Ethan.


Crib


Boat shelf


Ethan's room.  I need to put the bedskirt on but will do so when I get another bed rail (ordered it today).  This one is broken.


Ethan's decal


Pictures in between the office and Ethan's room.  I can't wait to fill it with the new baby's pictures (oh wait, I can...that will mean he's getting big month by month :( )  That wire is Ethan's monitor.  When we moved him from his crib we didn't want him to unplug the monitor so we put the cord through the door frame.  We need to move it! 

The office I don't have shown.  We have 2 big desks and 2 lateral files and we're trying to figure out what to do with that room.  Sell the furniture and get smaller desks + a sofabed?  Money and decisions!


The boys' bathroom-new tile.


Looking down


Laundry room.  We didn't replace the flooring here.  Eh, whatever. It would have cost $400 or so and I just wasn't into it.


Master.  We still need some sort of window treatment for all 5 of the windows.


My nightstand is on Eric's side and the long dresser is moved down as of last weekend and the PNP is by the bed!  My hospital bag is on the dresser too.  I'm bringing less stuff this time!  Woo hoo!



Our bathroom (the 3 rugs were being washed)





No comments: