November 16th I had LASIK eye surgery which has turned out to be the BEST investment! I've worn contacts for as long as I could remember. I looked into it intensely back in 2008 and even picked my doctor and had a surgery date. When I was reading the preop paperwork it said that you shouldn't be pregnant within 6 months of surgery in case you needed a correction. So I cancelled!
Fast forward 8 years later to 2016 and my contacts have been bugging me big time!!! Starting around May/June I wasn't able to keep them in all day like I had been doing my entire life. I went to the eye doctor to look into a different brand but she said that wouldn't help as I was wearing them too long (5am or 7am to 10pm or midnight (depending if I worked out or not)) and I needed to use drops to keep them from drying out 4x/day. It was awful as I had to anticipate an afternoon/evening meeting or event and strategically take my contacts out to let them rest so I could put them back in later in the day. It was so annoying.
I'd had it! I put some feelers out and hands down everyone came back with Dr. Gordon (I had selected Dr. Shanzlin at TLC prior). I did the pre testing in September but booked it in mid November as you have to wear glasses for 2 weeks before surgery and I had several things where I just didn't want to deal with that.
These glasses are well over 15 years old but did have the prescription changed 4 years ago, Chase broke one of the stems when he was 2 and I had it repaired so needless to say I was happy to see them go!
The surgery was super easy although I had tons of anxiety leading up to it. Note: do NOT watch You Tube videos on the procedure and people who had bad experiences! :(
He normally does surgery on Thursday/Friday but he was able to do mine on a Wednesday as that week was good for me but I knew Ethan and Eric were leaving for a campout on Friday and I wanted to make sure I was healed enough to watch Chase.
I checked in at 11:30 and was leaving by 12:30. They rechecked my eyes again and did a bunch of photos of my eyes to make a mapping for the laser. I got called back, they checked my prescription one more time, put in some numbing drops, gave me my post op instructions and I popped the Valium which REALLY made the entire thing bearable. It was the perfect fog over me to calm down. I went back to the laser room and my tech and Dr. Gordon were there. One machine cut the flap (no blade) on both eyes then I got rolled over a foot or so over to the laser machine. I was in there for maybe 5 minutes. No pain, just pressure. I could see immediately. It was incredible! Afterwards we ate salads in the parking lot of CPK then I took the Vicodin and took a nap for a few hours. I woke up and was able to watch TV perfectly and see!
It was a life changing surgery and I'm so glad I did it!!!
Bye bye products!








No comments:
Post a Comment