Sunday, September 6, 2015

Chase and a bump!

Life with boys exhausts me!

On Friday our old neighbor's daughter turned 2 and they had a little bouncy house at the end of the cul de sac blown up. It was a good size one but not a typical size we see around here. It had a slide with a blown up 'wall' at the end. I didn't see it happen but Chase either fell out the side or over the 'wall'. I heard him crying, commented "oh Shit" and I'm sure several children heard that, set down my freshly poured 2nd glass of Sangria and swooped him up. I saw this huge welt on his forehead and freaked. 

I'm not calm under pressure. I'm erratic and bossy and just plain scared. Eric jokes with me that if there was a zombie attack I'd just lay down and give in. Haha. 

I had Eric go back to our house to get the car (we walked) and took chase home. I was on high alert for concussion signs but he didn't display any of those characteristics. Thank GOD!

I checked on him throughout the night but by he next day the bump was significantly down and he seemed his old self...with the exception of a nice 'ol mark on his forehead. 

I'm trying my best to deal with these crazy boys. Thank God for Date nights/Girls Nights Out and wine!



No comments: