Friday, September 18, 2015

Cabo San Lucas {Eric's 40th}

We thought we should get away for Eric's 40th birthday!  He didn't want to do anything seeing as it's been a tough year with his dad's passing and work, and the crazy kids but we HAD to do something!  So his request was an all inclusive beach resort, and just us (and mine was adult only if we weren't bringing the kids!). 
 
We were fortunate to have my dad and Sherry watch the rugrats for a few days.  We only had 3 1/2 days so we knew Mexico was our best bet.  We also had credits on Southwest and knew we could get a direct flight pretty easily to maximize the trip. 
 
We arrived in Cabo and carried on, so we didn't have to wait for luggage.  We bought the trip through Costco travel so we already had our hotel transfers arranged.  We were trying to figure out where to go but of course got lined up with a timeshare guy.  Pass.  We found our person and while we waited for another couple who was going with us, we had a VERY strong airport cocktail (which we took with us in the car).  It was crazy! 
 
We arrived at Secrets Puerto Los Cabos and it was stunning!   
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
All food, drinks (including cocktails) and gratuity was included.  It was so easy!  They had a nice selection of restaurants (dress code for dinner) as well as entertainment to choose from. 
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
This was the only place you had to make a reservation.  Kind of like Benihana.  We had a 9pm reservation (the 8pm was taken) and we didn't start eating until at least 9:45.  Everyone at the table was starving!!! 
 
We like to call this a "mas pan" situation.  When we honeymooned in Costa Rica, we had gone river rafting on the Pacuare river, literally all day (2+ hour drive each way) and when we finally got back to the hotel for dinner it was late and the service was slow!  I just wanted bread.  We finally got some and ordered but I wanted more.  I was starving.  I finally got the waiter and said desperately "mas pan (por favor)".  So whenever I'm hangry we say it's turning into a mas pan situation! 
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
Untitled
 
We did NOTHING but swim, layout, read, eat and nap.  And eat some more!  It was amazing!  The weather was SO hot and humid that there wasn't much to do!  Perfect!  This hotel was not close to town...it was quite far away which was fine!  We never left the property. 
I enjoyed speaking some Spanish.  It does come back but I wish I had more opportunity to speak it more!
 
Untitled
 
Super fun beach bar.  It was too hot to enjoy it but if the weather was a bit more mild it would be awesome!
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
He is officially in his 40's.  I couldn't imagine celebrating with anyone else.  Happy Birthday my love!

No comments: