Saturday, August 15, 2015

Knott's Berry Farm {Chase is 3}

For Chase's 3rd birthday we decided that a party was not in order.  We just didn't have it in us this year!  We go to LEGOLAND all the time, and Disneyland is so darn expensive, but I remember going to Knott's when I was a teenager and thought it would be fun!  And it's pretty darn cheap!  And it's only 30 minutes from Huntington Beach so we didn't have to get a hotel!
 
We went to Huntington on Thursday evening, and hit up Knott's on Friday.  It was SOOOOO hot, and SOOOOOO crowded.  There were a ton of school/church groups so we only went on a few rides.
 
I bought a Charlie Brown movie the day before because the boys really didn't know what Snoopy etc was.  So when we got there, they were excited!
 
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
Untitled
 
Chase of course needed a nap and he didn't want to nap in the stroller we brought so he decided I would do.  It was so uncomfortable to lean against that wall, but I wanted him to get a decent nap.  It was actually pretty nice sitting right next to the waterfall with a slight breeze. 
 
Untitled
 
We decided to beat the heat by going to this ice skating show which was actually WAY better than I thought it would be.  It reminded me a bit of being on a cruise ship, but these skaters were really talented!
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
 
That night we went back to the house and had a little celebration!
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
 
Saturday morning we had breakfast and did a quick swim.  Then back home!
 
Untitled
 
 
Untitled
 
 
We Skyped with Eric's mom while Chase opened the gifts she sent ahead of time. 
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
That evening the 4 of us went to the LEGOLAND Hotel for dinner.
Untitled
 
I made this for the boys (2 of them) to keep them busy.  It was too easy for Ethan and too hard for Chase.  #Fail
Untitled
 
Untitled
 
 
I can't believe this boy is 3!!!!

No comments: