Last Thursday while our nanny had Chase I took Ethan to IKEA because he had no school that day (parent/teacher conferences) and I wanted to look at their Caesarstone counters for our kitchen. Ethan immediately saw the kids area when we walked in and wanted to go in. I was kind of shocked. I told him that I was going to go shopping and wouldn't be with him and he was ok with it. I couldn't believe it...this is the kid that took months to adjust to his new preschool room at dropoff time. He could stay there for 1 hour while I shopped. I signed him in, got my matching wrist band, showed my ID and left. It was such an odd feeling...especially because I like shopping with him. It was a taste of his independence and I'm not sure I liked it :( Half way through I went down to check on him and see if he wanted to come with me but he didn't. He was having a blast in the ball pit, coloring and watching Cars. There were only 4 kids there so I'm sure on a weekend it would be a completely different environment!
After shopping we grabbed some food.
We've voluntarily started no napping Ethan. But he still REALLY needs one. He's going to bed so late so we're purposefully telling his teachers to not let him sleep past 45 minutes but he's always one of the first to fall asleep in his class. The weekends are easier because we're running around, but I looked in the rear view mirror and he was out. Sweet boy still just gets so tired!
Friday morning, Daddy left for the airport. He went skiing with his best friend Scott to Park City, UT. Saying our goodbyes.
Friday night Ethan's buddy Mason came over for play time and dinner. Mason's mom Sarah and I enjoyed a nice bottle of vino!
Saturday morning we had someone come over to take cabinet measurements to build us new doors and drawer fronts and during that time Ethan lost his donut outing time due to naughty behavior towards Chase. Later that morning we went to one of our favorite parks to play.
After Chase's nap we played with the water table. The weekend prior I scrubbed this thing. It had been in our backyard filled with sand, mud and spider webs. Ethan had been asking every day to play with it so we finally did. The boys got soaked!
Then my neighbor across the street had the idea to go on a walk because the kids were getting restless with the water table. We decided to see if our friends were home, and they were!
Clark, Ethan, Jake, Kate and Chase watching a movie
Saturday night the kids had dinner across the street.
That night I was pooped and decided to take a bath while watching Season 1 Episode 1 of Breaking Bad on Netflix. OMG, I'm so hooked. All I want to do is watch another episode. Ugg, I'd sit for days and just watch every season if I could. It's so crazy good!
Sunday morning we tried again for donuts and were successful. I googled something like "cronut North San Diego" and came up with this place. I had $10 in cash on me and that's what we got. The cronut was good, but not amazing. Not as soft as I'd hoped it would be. I'd for sure go back to this place for their donuts. Hundreds of donuts. So many different colors and styles. I wish I'd had gotten a maple bar with bacon. Next time! Mmmmmmm. They didn't have inside seating and it was chilly so we went to Starbucks to eat our donuts and get a latte and chocolate milk for the boys.
I looked up a park on my phone and found this park. It was pretty good. A little ghetto, but the boys had fun!
Then naps for all 3 of us and more playing out front!
Chase played on this skate board for a half hour. I did not show him how to do it, but he figured it out on his own! He'd put one knee down and push with the other leg. It was pretty cool.
Eric got home late on Sunday night. He had a great trip, and we had a great weekend. Mama was tired though! :)




















No comments:
Post a Comment