Thursday, February 13, 2014

Chase's 1st trip to the dentist

Chase had his first trip to the dentist today.  I made this appointment a few weeks ago after noticing a ton of plaque buildup on his lower teeth.  I tried to scrape it off with my fingernail but he hates it of course and it wasn't very effective.  I know you're supposed to take kids to the dentist when they get their first teeth but it seems so silly.  I was going to wait but decided to let the pros scrape it off! 
IMG_3426
 
Playing in the waiting room
IMG_3434 IMG_3439
 
Checking for snacks after the dental hygienist did her exam!  She got 90% of the plaque off his teeth.  He sat still for about a minute watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the ceiling mounted TV but then squirmed big time so he had to be held down.  I felt so bad but he needed that stuff scraped off!  She quickly polished his teeth with strawberry flavor!
IMG_3442
 
After Dr. Davis got the remaining 10% off and examined him he was happy to be cruising around.  He said that some kids just produce a lot of saliva and it sits on the teeth causing plaque.  I'm sure we'll be back for more plaque removal.  He recommends either a kids Crest spin brush, or Sonicare makes a kid version too.  Chase has his upper canines coming in VERY soon!
IMG_3444
 
He (I) picked a blow up baseball out of the toy bin which he loves. 
IMG_3447
 
 
1st dentist appointment is in the books!  :)

No comments: