Sunday, November 17, 2013

Chase is 15 months old

Last month (October 25th) Chase turned 15 months.  I'm a little behind posting about it!
 
He is thriving!  And I was able to check the box on all of the desired outcomes at the doctor's office.  He did get the MMR shot which is a big one for me.  I almost had a panic attack when Ethan was 15 months old because of the whole autism controversy.  I know it's been debunked but it is still on my mind.  The doctor did a few extra things to check for eye contact and other "autism" things, just to ease my mind, and said he absolutely doesn't have autism.  So we proceeded with the immunization.  I'm glad it's done!  He had a vision test and it came back that he "may" have an astigmatism in his right eye, so I need to make an appointment at an ophthalmologist.  :(
 
Height: 32.25" (85%)
Weight: 27.3# (95%)
Head Circumference: 47.25cm (52%)
 
-Chase is in size 5 diaper
-Size 24 month clothes
-Size 6 or 6 1/2 shoes
-He only has 6 teeth (2 on top, 4 on bottom)
-He is asleep by 6:30pm and wakes up around 6:30/7am.
-Chase goes down for 1 nap around 11/11:30am and sleeps 2-3 hours (usually 3).
-He is a light sleeper.  If the housekeeper is here, he hears a gardener, or even the garbage truck, he is sure to have a shorter nap.  Luckily he still manages to be a very good sleeper overall.
-He doesn't have too many words...Mama, Dada, ya, dog, hi, tries to say Ethan, car and a few other attempts.  He understands a TON though and babbles a lot!
-He loves to read books, antagonize Ethan as well as Chloe (I found him sitting on Chloe the other day like she was a horse-whoops!)
-He is such a love bug.  If you are sitting on the couch or floor he'll come and lay his head on your lap or back. 
-He loves to do "How big is Chase?" and throws his hands in the air
-When I'm changing his diaper in the morning on the changing table he loves to stretch his legs and arms.
-He recently went through a tongue phase.  He'd walk around with it sticking out-so funny!
-His favorite toys are the ball popper and the push popper.  He also loves his stacking blocks and is darn good at it!  The precision is amazing!
-Just like with Ethan, all I've wanted to teach him in regards to sign language is 'milk', 'all done' and 'more'. 
Chase and Ethan have an interesting relationship.  They LOVE each other (like this morning, when Ethan told me he wasn't talking to me and told Chase "c'mon Chase, we're not talking to mom right now") but they also annoy each other.  Chase is quite the instigator too, but Ethan is just too rough with him and often gets in trouble for it. 
-He LOVES his pacifier (paci).  The pediatrician encouraged me to take it away from him right now, but I just can't.  I'd rather deal with it later.  I'm sure I'll be kicking myself in a year from now, but he just loves it and is such a source of comfort. 
-He is an outside child!  You can't open the front or garage door without him whining.  He cries and cries until he goes outside.  He just loves to be outside!
-He loves our new nanny Lauren and they do so great together!
 









No comments: