Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chase is 3 months old

On October 25th, Chase turned 3 months old. 
 
He had a doctor visit for 2 shots (we're on an alternate schedule) but he weighed 16 1/2 lb which is the 95th percentile.  He gained 3 pounds in a month and went from the 76th%tile to the 95%tile.  Yikes!  Ethan was on the same track at this point! 
 
Chase sleeps from 6pm to 6am with one "dreamfeed" at 10:30pm and was sleeping through the night but he wakes at 4am maybe 50% of the time.  I need to officially sleep train him soon so he'll drop those night feedings altogether.  Maybe this weekend. 
 
He's still on a 3 hour eat schedule but it varies from 2 1/2 hours to 3 1/2 hours.  So 6a, 9a, noon, 3p, 5:30 (this shifts depending on how the night goes)  I'm working on getting him on more of a schedule so that he'll eat every 4 hours.  So 6:30a, 10:30a, 2:30a, 5:30p.  Maybe by next month.
 
His naps are kind of sporadic lately.  If I have to take Ethan to school in the morning (Eric usually does dropoff) then he doesn't get a good 1st nap.  Then the whole day is thrown off.  If I let him be awake in the morning for too long then the day is filled with junk naps making it very hard for me to get much done.
 
He is officially a tummy sleeper.  This is a major no no.  I realize this but am ok with it as long as he's on the Angelcare monitor. 
 
He is WAY less portable now.  I used to be able to take him on errands all the time but he sleeps horribly in his carseat/stroller.  He's ok if he falls asleep in the car but when I try and move him from the car to pop the seat into the stroller he usually wakes right up.  So now I have to be a slave to his naps at home which is a little crazy.  We'll see how that goes!
 
As soon as these size 2 diapers are gone, he'll be in size 3.  Wow!
 
I have had his 3-6 month clothes nicely put away in his closet for 2 weeks and they are already too small.  I will be swapping them out for 6-9 months whenever I have a moment!  These clothes are practically brand new!
 
Chase absolutely loves his nightly bath.  He kicks those legs like crazy and giggles out loud.  Those giggles are the best!
 
 
Sweet brothers.  Ethan appears to love his little brother here, but it was really a bribe to give him fruit snacks and that he could sit in the crib.  He really could care less about Chase.  Last night he was watching a "show"  (Team Umizoomi) and Chase was super tired and needed to go to bed.  He was crying and Ethan said "Mom, can you go upstairs and put him down?".  I laughed because when I put Chase down Eric usually isn't home yet so I put a show on and tell Ethan what I'm going to do.

 
Smirk

 
My moose

 
Little pumpkin


No comments: