Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ethan's 1st day of Preschool

Our big almost 3 year old started Preschool today!  It's the same school he's been at for the past year, but he was on the toddler side.  This preschool side has a huge playground, a bigger classroom and 3 brand new teachers. 

We arrived and he ran down that same hall, but instead of going to the left, he went to the right.  He threw his lunch in the wagon, found his cubby and headed outside.  But then the nerves kicked in.  He wanted to be picked up and go back in the classroom.  He was a ball of nerves and even seeing his buddies Alex, Gavin, Chloe and Mateo didn't do the trick.  Both Eric and I were there and he wanted to go home!  :(  They are building a huge park that he can see from the yard and he got hooked on the "beep beeps".  So we said our quick goodbye's and left.

I picked him up this evening and one of his teachers said no more tears after we left and that he had a great day!  Phew!  He was pushing a dump truck through the bushes and running around like crazy.  I've never seen his cheeks so red!

He even had no pee accidents! 

BUT, when I got home I saw that he was wet in his carseat so I tried to have him go but he said he didn't.  So I changed his underwear and shorts and again, pee.  I put him in time out because he was being stubborn at this point.  I came back and he peed on the floor.  So I took him to the bathroom by his room and he freaked.  He didn't want to go.  It was time to feed Chase so he was screaming.  I sat on the floor, nursing Chase with my back against the door so Ethan couldn't leave.  Classy.  He was so worked up and practically hyper ventilating about how he didn't have to go.  BUT, he was peeing all over the floor the harder he cried.  All over his shirt, legs, and the floor.  Little dribbles.  Gross, but kind of funny at the same time! 

I finally got him to stop crying by singing 4 Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars really loud.  I think he thought "what the heck is mom doing?"  I went downstairs to turn off the oven and said he can't leave until he pees.  I was standing outside of the door.  Well, low and behold he did the biggest pee!  This kid is a stubborn one.  Then he was high fiveing me and was all smiles. 

An unpleasant end to the day but I'm glad he had a great first day of preschool!

No comments: