The nursery is finally coming along. :) Thanks to some very special people for their help with this awesome room! This is one lucky little boy!
And the drapes. Oh, the drapes. These were a labor of love that included spending 6 hours measuring, remeasuring and remeasuring again! I may or may not have gone to bed at 2am last Friday. They were supposed to go in our kitchen on the slider that goes to the backyard. When I measured, the top of the drapes would hit just above the top of the slider...98". But when we went to hang them with the hardware from Restoration Hardware, it has a middle brace (because that slider is so long) that is needed that it raised it another 6", therefore making them way too short. 108"s from now on!
So Plan B was to put them in the dining room. Even here they are a little too short. I would have much preferred the top to be above the decorative trim but it's better than it being a few inches off the floor in my opinion. Anyhow, I love them and am glad they are over. If I were to do it again, I'd buy white panels, colored fabric and use Stitch Witchery to make the stripes. See...I am NOT a DIYer! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment