Monday, March 26, 2012

Life

OK...lack of posts again just shows you how our lives are at the time.....BUSY! 

We celebrated our 5 year anniversary on 3/3.  We had such a nice time enjoying going to The Shout House and to the Hotel Del for brunch.  It was fantastic and so hard to believe 5 years have gone by so quickly!  We're so fortunate to have each other!

In front of the Del.  I was 19 weeks here.


We went to Legoland that afternoon after Ethan's nap and had a nice time!


We went to the beach one random weekend...I can't remember when to be honest.


This past Saturday my BFF Michelle came out to do a few Stella & Dot shows.  I LOVE the jewelry and own way too much of it!  Michelle, Rachel and I had a fun girls weekend!


As for the house we are set to close escrow in 3 days!!!!!!  We've been busy getting our current house ready to rent which is no easy task.  Ethan has been quite the helper lately and says "Ethan help" every 2 seconds.  It's so cute watching him follow Eric around with his very own screwdriver and hammer.  Adorable!



We're slowly getting there with packing.  We've done the kitchen, garage, master, and 1/2 of Ethan's room.  We still have the office, the rest of Ethan's room, the family room (which is mostly toys) and our room (but that's just clothes that we need from now until moving day).  We have painters coming for a whole week on April 2nd and we move in on April 9th.  Happy Birthday to me....

I'm trying to figure out bedding/theme for this new baby boy (I think I've got it) as well as Ethan's room...which I figured out.  I also am totally doing our master room over but I need to figure out a general scheme so I make the right paint choice.  4k is too much for professional painters and I MUST get it right. 




In other news....it's been a tough week.  Exactly 1 week ago my friend Bernardo died in a car accident due to the rain (wearing his seat belt and wasn't speeding).  His girlfriend and cousin are ok but are still in the hospital.  I attended his (open casket) memorial service with a bunch of old co workers on Thursday evening.  I could not walk up to the casket because coworkers said it didn't even really look at him and I know I would have lost it even more than I already was...I would prefer the sweet memory of him to remain.  The WORST part was seeing his parents and siblings.  AND, his brother and dad look just like him so it was strange.  It's just not fair and whenever you think you are having a bad day...things can always be worse.  It's sometimes hard to keep that in perspective.

The next morning I got a speeding ticket.  Great!  I was so distracted and feeling overwhelmed and made a wrong turn so I had to turn around on the freeway to pick up my friend.  The cop was really nice but I deserved it.  Just one more cost added onto this though...lovely.

This morning I learned that my girlfriend's cancer has returned and is stage 4.  She was 29 when it came the first time and she's been cancer free for 5 years.  It's now spread to 2 different areas.  It's not good, but if anyone can beat this again...she can.  If you can spare some prayers......


The universe is telling me to SLOW DOWN.  I keep trying to not listen but man it's hard not to, when faced with very serious life issues.  One day at a time....

I feel so blessed that we are healthy and doing well and try and remember to live each day to the fullest because you never know when it could be your last. 

No comments: