Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why hello there

Kristin here! Finally.

Thanks to Eric for the play by play. I hear it was helpful to those who were checking! And wow, I finally caught up to all of his blog posts as I obviously wasn't reading them during labor or shortly after. Do I not have the most amazing loving husband? I am just so unbelievably lucky to have him that I am almost speechless!

We're SO glad to be home! It was only just over 24 hours since birth, but it is nice to be back to our own home. SO much better than being in the hospital. Especially because we would have had to share a room with a girl who had just had a 10 lb 7 oz baby! Naturally (w/ epidural).

I'm doing ok. I'm recovering ok from my many many stitches. I'm a bit slow to move around but I get around with keeping on top of my Motrin doses.

What a true MIRACLE this little guy is...and human creation is even more amazing to me after this experience. Holding his little tiny guy is insane...he is SO tiny and wobbly and sweet. His little noises and grunts are just the sweetest. I don't want him to get bigger!!! Seriously, I find myself wanting to take pictures and video of him because I want to cherish this time. He is so alert at times and I love watching him look around at things (even though I know he can't really see much). I'm just so speechless...absolute L-O-V-E!

On Friday he had his newborn checkup at the pediatrician's office. The little guy got circumcised but didn't even cry! He's such a champ! The doctor also noticed his color was a bit yellow. We had noticed it the day before on his nose, so I wasn't totally surprised. We headed back to the hospital for a blood test and his level was 15.5 (normal is 1.0-10.5), which confirmed his jaundice. So, the home health nurse came that night and delivered a phototherapy machine. He needs to wear this light pad on his back 24/7 (or as close to it as possible). We got it checked last night and it was 16.5, but he's now a day older so that changes the ratio a bit. So, he's still on the machine. We go back Monday for a 3rd (and hopefully final) blood draw.

Ethan is SUCH a great baby. I mean seriously. I don't want to even say that for fear that I've jinxed myself. He eats well, burps well, goes down well and sleeps a bunch. We have to wake him up for feedings at times. He is amazing.

So, all is good here!

No comments: