Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy wife...happy husband

Time: 3:45 AM (that's right "A freakin' M!) We started to have some serious contractions around 1:30 AM. Kristin went from 1 cm to 3cm. The pain for her was unbearable to say the least. I have never loved her more than at that moment when she was shaking uncontrollably due to the pain she was experiencing. For her to go through this for us to have a family is truly unconditional love. Medicine doc came in and told us that he was going to start the epidural (read: Wonder drug from God above!). At that moment, between Kristin shaking uncontrollably and breathing quickly, the wonderful nurse moving things around, and the medicine doc preparing his items for the epidural, I started to sense the feeling that my face was starting to lose its color. I tried to sit down in the chair along the wall, but ended up looking right at medine doc. I do not do good when it comes to needles--getting them inserted or looking at them in general. Thank GOD I got the brilliant idea to move the chair next to Kristin to be in front of her as the medicine doc did his stuff to her back. She is now feeling very little pain. That moment of when I was watching her go through a contraction, guiding her to breathe, her clamping down on my hands, only words I can use are: Unconditional, raw, beautiful love. Can I love my wife more than Idid a few hours ago? Yeah! I can only imagine how much I am going to love her more in the hours to come. The both of us cannot believe how courageous and strong people are to go through labor without medicine. UPDATE: Wife is 5-7 cm! baby is coming soon! probably by 7-8 am.

Dad to be,

Eric

1 comment:

kim said...

Aww... this made me cry. You're a great husband. :)