Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend in pictures

This weekend was non-stop! Eric wanted to tackle things slowly, but I am in this complete panic about getting things DONE! I only have 6 free weekends (out of 17) until my due date. We have so much to do! I take full credit for the chaos that was this weekend!

Friday night usually consists of going out to dinner and Eric getting 2 cocktails...nope, lots of work to do. We figured out all of the stuff that needed to go to Goodwill (this is just 1/10th of the stuff I'd say). We took pictures (does anyone else do this? Got if from my pops I guess).

We then took apart the bed. This is what the guest room used to look like. We put it all on Craig's List last week, but got no bites. I got this stuff my senior year in college and it is beat!

Chloe girl was curious.

Censored booty shot! Ha!


Saturday we dropped my car off for it's 45K mile service, went to Goodwill to do the drop off, then to Home Depot for paint. A quick Starbucks stop, followed by a trip back to the car dealership to pick up my car.

$400 later ($200 at Home Depot and $200 car service) we were back home. We taped the base boards, set up the plastic cloths, took off the electrical face plates etc. I did the edging, but was then booted out when it was time to use the roller. I did take my old clothes down and put them in a wardrobe box. I also organized a bunch of stuff in the garage. I do NOT know what we will do when I actually do fit in my clothes again. I can put away the maternity stuff, but we have one of the wardrobe boxes as well as 2 huge totes full. We need a bigger house. Actually, we (I) need a bigger closet!



Eric's sweaty knees kept sticking to the plastic...remedy? Home made knee pads (out of socks).


Poor Chloe was trying hard to get this off her nose. Ha ha! I'm cruel!
Saturday was a long day...especially for dear Eric who was VERY sore from all of the painting.

Sunday we went to church, then started on the 2nd coat. And here it is!!!! It's a bit darker than what I was hoping for, but I do like it! I think it will soften up a bit, when we get the white curtains up and the crib in.

Sunday night we opened the crib box. I had a slight worry that the crib may have been broken. The day it showed up it had a rip in the box, and another review I read said that hers was broken. Sure enough....so we got 1/2 of it done. I have a call into the manufacturer who *should* be sending us the replacement part.



**Thank you to my wonderful husband for busting butt this weekend to appease me and my crazy ways!**

3 comments:

Smeltzerville said...

I LOVE the color of the room! It is so awesome and soothing. We're doing a similar color (with sage green and cornflower blue). Love it! So cute!

Emily said...

The room looks great! Way to go, guys.

Danielle said...

Wow, Eric is already SuperDad and the baby isn't even here yet!