What an incredible time we had outside of Ensenada to celebrate a real beacon of light in my life's 40th birthday. We stayed at La Masion which came with it's own housekeeper/chef as well as a house manager who would get us whatever we needed. It was a real treat!
You wouldn't know it from the photos but this amazing woman Ris has Stage 4 cancer and she is terminal. Although she's also outlived every single life expectancy report from every single doctor by YEARS, so sometimes saying that doesn't feel real. But I promise she really is sick and I'm so grateful for every single second with her on this earth. She is a true fighter and an incredible person and friend inside and out. At a recent doctors appointment a few days after this trip we got some really encouraging news and I'm still on cloud 9 thinking about that!
The weekend was a celebration and the love for Ris was evident by the people who love her most. We had a paella chef, taco guy, mariachi band, wine tasting and incredible memories that will last a lifetime.
There may have been some Kinder Eggs taken back for the kids. These are illegal in the US (chocking hazard)!





















You wouldn't know it from the photos but this amazing woman Ris has Stage 4 cancer and she is terminal. Although she's also outlived every single life expectancy report from every single doctor by YEARS, so sometimes saying that doesn't feel real. But I promise she really is sick and I'm so grateful for every single second with her on this earth. She is a true fighter and an incredible person and friend inside and out. At a recent doctors appointment a few days after this trip we got some really encouraging news and I'm still on cloud 9 thinking about that!
The weekend was a celebration and the love for Ris was evident by the people who love her most. We had a paella chef, taco guy, mariachi band, wine tasting and incredible memories that will last a lifetime.
There may have been some Kinder Eggs taken back for the kids. These are illegal in the US (chocking hazard)!
























No comments:
Post a Comment