Monday, February 20, 2017

Baseball season

We're knee deep in baseball for Ethan!  This is our first year but wow is it a commitment I wasn't quite prepared for.  

1 weeknight practice from 5-6:30 (with highly encouraged but optional extra batting from the pitching machine starting at 4:20)....I've been running in at 5:02 and Ethan got told we need to work on being on time.  :(  How is a working mom supposed to swing that?  Plus Saturday practices preseason and 17 games starting this Saturday (most on Saturday at 8am or noon...and some weekdays starting at 6pm).  

This coach clearly is a hardcore baseball guy who's son has been groomed since birth.  He wants to win and luckily they did tryouts so there is a healthy balance of A, B, and C players.  I'd say Ethan is a C player!  We've never practiced with him and it shows.  He's got a lot of work to do!  But I hope he likes it.

At minimum I like the team aspect of learning to win and lose plus it's good exercise depending on the activity.  So here we go!!!!!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

IMG_9228 

  IMG_9229

IMG_9234

IMG_9245 (2)

IMG_9804

No comments: