A few weeks ago we ALL went camping to Indian Hills Family Camp. Eric and Ethan do Adventure Guides through the YMCA and they have the opportunity (or not) to do monthly campouts throughout the school year. It's basically a time for boys to be boys....and men to be men. The boys (ages 5-10 only) run around all day and be total boys...and at night the men play poker and drink. They LOVE it.
Once a year there is an opportunity for siblings and wives to camp. My first reaction was a big fat NO! But I knew it would mean a lot to Eric and Ethan...plus Chase REALLY wants to be 5 so he can camp too and I knew he'd love it. Also my cousin's wife Lisa and friend Sarah would be there too so that was fun!
It definitely reaffirmed my "city girl" ways but I was happy to be together making memories.
Ethan and Chase loved it. There was BMX track riding, zip lining, paint balling, bead trading, panning for gold, tons of delicious food and fun times. Ethan even lost his other front tooth which had been dangling for weeks!! He got a "blood bead" from the "Med Man" for his bloody feat.
I'm so glad the boys have found such a wonderful group to be connected to and make lifelong memories. :)

















No comments:
Post a Comment