In January Eric went to Asia for 2 weeks! It's a tough 2 weeks for me as Eric helps so much around the house that I really feel the impact of doing it all solo with these WILD boys!
He took a late flight out so we decided to get dinner at the Corvette Diner. I hadn't been in so many years and although the location is different, the atmosphere felt pretty much the same. What a fun and crazy place!
Off he went...and I always say I won't cry but I always do. And then Ethan sees me and starts crying himself. Ugg! Maybe one day I'll get used to this. I have become quite the worry wart since becoming a mother. I always think worst case...like he'll die in the airplane, or train...or ISIS. I can't help it, but it freaks me out!!! He is our world!
But I quickly pull myself together and the boys and I make the best of it!
Donuts!
We weren't counting down the days at all!!!!!
It just so happened that a huge week-long storm came through so that added an extra element.
But just because it's cold doesn't mean that the boys still don't want fro yo! So a special treat they got. I did a little reward chart to help them help me get them out the door for school and to bed at night so Fro Yo was the first earned reward. I was happy to oblige for an easier drop off and good days at school.
We had some neighbors over for a movie and dinner one night too which always makes the night go easier!
The boys each wanted to sleep with one of dads shirts as it smelled like him. So sweet!
That face! :)
They had their first karate lesson too!
Dinner with our cousins!
And we had to take a picture of Chase's special lovies in preparation for his Friend of the week poster. Monkey is on the left and Beary is on the right (sometimes he's called Teddy). Super original!
And finally Eric came back and all was right in our world!























No comments:
Post a Comment