Saturday morning we went to Ethan's first soccer practice. He's doing 4 weeks of soccer and 4 weeks of t ball. I wasn't sure how he'd like it because 1) he did a 5 day consecutive soccer thing at school that he was so-so about, and 2) he really wanted to do t ball, so when soccer was up first I wasn't sure.
But, he loved it! It's only 40 minutes, although they went for 45 minutes. Around 30-35 minutes he was starting to get antsy and walked over to me and said he wanted to be done. I told him he couldn't do the Easter Egg hunt unless he finished the practice. Only a few more minutes! He ran back to coach Mark and told him that he was going to the egg hunt, and every kid chimed in "me too!"
There were so many kids. Probably 30. They split them into 2 groups and did great kid-friendly activities. But they weren't too elementary. They were actually working on passing, dribbling, stopping the ball (putting on the brakes) and kicking. Ironically enough, Ethan is left handed but seems to be kicking as a righty.
His buddy Tay from school switched to the 8am class 2 days ago so we just missed him, but his bud Mason is in his class...although they got split between the 2 coaches at the last second so they couldn't 'play' together. Maybe next week.
His buddy Tay from school switched to the 8am class 2 days ago so we just missed him, but his bud Mason is in his class...although they got split between the 2 coaches at the last second so they couldn't 'play' together. Maybe next week.
I was pleasantly surprised to see his competitiveness come out, and his true interest. He seemed to be having a great time. I just couldn't be more proud of him. He melts my heart!












No comments:
Post a Comment