Friday, August 10, 2012

Chase's 2 week checkup

Chase had his 2 week checkup yesterday.  He's doing very well! 

His circumcision is healing nicely and he's back up to birth weight! 

He showed a touch of yellow to his skin tone so he got his biliruben level checked.  He's at a 14.  It's higher than it should be but it isn't too high.  I can stop breastfeeding and give formula for 2 days to kick start his liver or just let it ride out.  I'm letting it ride. 

His height is 22" (97%).  It was 20" at birth but this is hard to be consistent on because these kiddos don't want to stretch out their legs.  I doubt he grew 2" in 2 weeks.

His weight is 7lb 13oz.  His birth weight was 7 lb 7 oz so he has well surpassed that!  Yay!  The percentile is 28%.  It's so funny to see such a low #.  I'm sure he'll be a chunker in no time despite his scrawny little legs right now!  :)

And his head circumference is 35 1/2 which is 40%.  It was 35" at birth.  Ethan had a very average head size too. 

He met all of his milestones that the paper said he should be hitting with the exception of "is on a reverse sleep cycle, sleeping more in the day and less at night".  I'm totally ok not checking that box.  He is sleeping pretty well at night.  He's still sleeping in his bouncy chair from 9pm-1am then gets fed at 1:30 or so.  And usually one more time at 5am.  He's doing good in the sleep department but I'm still counting down the days until sleep training can happen!  :)

Chase on the exam table

No comments: