Thursday, January 26, 2012

Daycare update

Ethan's been enrolled in daycare for over 4 months and things are going pretty well!  I'd say about half of the time we have 'good' drop off's and the other half, not so much.  The good news is that on the bad days, he cries for less than a minute (I can't leave without knowing he's calmed down so I peak from another classroom) then is distracted easily and gets in the groove.  He just has a hard time with goodbye's!  That's ok...I do too and absolutely HATE turning around and leaving him :(  On those crying days I was guilty of some tears too--but only after I left of course.  But the good news is that he's happy when he's there and just about every day I practically have to drag him out of there with bribes of a cold sippy cup and a granola bar in the car.  Today when I got him he wanted me to sit in the sandbox and play with him.  Love that boy!

One of his teachers is camera crazy like me and takes a ton of pictures and posts them on his classroom's website (password protected). 



Climbing up the play structure.  Today his note said that they all pretended that the structure was a train and that they were going to the zoo! 





 Here's little Chloe going in for the kill with Ethan.  She loves him.  Well, I think she likes all of the boys but still.  She always hugs my leg and I can't get her off when I come in to get Ethan in the afternoon. 

Using tongs to pick up something...






Playing in a box



I LOVE these little art creations he does with Miss Jeanette but I need to figure out what to do with all of them!  And his paintings too!  I think I'm going to take pictures, save a few and toss the rest.  I'd be on the show hoarders in a few years if I kept them all!








This picture must have been close to nap time because Eth looks zoned out!  Music time!!!

This is his best bud Gavin.  Gavin only says a few words but they have this unspoken language of giggling like little girls when they see each other, hug and growl like dinosaurs.  It is the cutest thing to watch!



No comments: