Tuesday, August 30, 2011

22 month update

Since Ethan is getting older and has infrequent well baby checkups I find myself not keeping track of his latest info.  The last one was at 18 months and he'll be 22 months on the 11th of September!  We'll be out of town so I'm going to do it now. 

I think he's 33 1/3 lbs...but that was pretty inaccurate as he had a diaper and shoes? on.  I can't remember. 

-still in size 5 dipes

-wears 3T clothes

-his shoe size is 8

-he has 1-2 sippy cups of whole milk. 

-he's been a great eater lately.  He eats pretty much anything and when he's done he puts his plate on the kitchen table next to him.  He still likes veggies and he still LOVES fruit. 

-he still has 16 teeth. I think only his 2 year molars are left.

-his bed time is 7pm and he takes one nap from about 12pm-2:30pm.  (We wake him up by 2:30 if he isn't up already)

-he loves dancing.  He's sway side to side and rock his head back and forth.  It's so adorable!

-Ethan says 100's of words.  He's like a parrot and attempts to say almost every word.  I can't even do a list because it would be so long.  His vocabulary has really taken off.  He doesn't really say many 2-3 word sentences but I'm sure that will happen soon. 

-he can point out his body parts...nose, mouth, eyes, ears, head, hair, belly, feet & toes.

-he doesn't really use sign language any more.  Sometimes he'll do 'more' but he can say more now so he doesn't really use it.

-he loves books!

-my little Scorpio baby is coming out.  He is usually sweet as pie 95% of the time but when he gets mad, he will hit.  It's SO funny to watch because he's so frustrated! 

-he is getting independent.  He'll be pushing or walking in one direction and you tell him to wait or come here and he turns his head like "ya, I'm listening, but I don't care" and keeps walking. 

-he finally drinks from a straw.  I only had one kind of straw sippy's and even I tried to drink from it and it was SO hard.  Kelsey told us that he can drink from a straw now (he drank out of her glass w/ a regular straw).  It is true! 

-he can kick a ball really well! 

-he smiles if you say smile.  Sometimes he'll squint...either one eye or two.

-he was FINALLY good when getting his haircut the other week!  He was amazing for 90% of it. He was kind of over it at the end but it was like this angel child was sitting on my lap and watching a tv show while he got his hair cut.  Amazing and so much less stressful!

-he LOVES Chuggington and can turn on the TV if he manages to hit the right button.  He asks for "Koko" 10 times a day probably.  But when you put it on he only watches for 2 minutes then he's off to play.

-Speaking of "play"....he asks to "play" ALL.THE.TIME.  Michelle (old nanny) went outside w/ him all the time and now Kelsey (current nanny) does so he'll point towards the front door because he wants to go play.  Even if we're inside or taking a bath he wants to play.  Playing to him means being outside even though he is technically playing inside or in the bath.

-Every time we leave he says bye bye house.

-Daycare yesterday went really well and I think he'll be just fine!


In other news, a few weeks ago (on a Sunday) I heard Ethan over the monitor and he had slept in until 8am!  This is not completely unheard of and he does it maybe once a month or so.  I went in his room and he was standing and said 'truck' or something.  I went back to my room after turning on the light and saying hi to him and I went back and brushed my teeth.  I came back in and picked him up to change his diaper.  When I was walking the short distance from the crib to the changing table he felt kind of limp and lifeless.  He wasn't unconscious or anything but he ALWAYS is feisty and ready to play upon waking.  I freaked and took him to our bed and laid him down so Eric could look at him.  He just laid there for what felt like 5 minutes but in reality was probably on a few seconds.  He didn't try and get up or anything.  I was seriously freaking out.  So we took him downstairs to see if he wanted something to drink.  Side note: I left the refrigerator door open all night so everything spoiled including the milk.  I also did it 2 nights later!  Ugg!!!!  Anyhow, he got some water, I put him down and he walked around and was totally normal.  I brushed it off but gave him extra kisses and cuddles all day with it still being in the back of my head.  All day he ate and played normal.

That night around 6:15pm he walked himself up the stairs for bath time and right when we got to his room he started crying.  He NEVER cries for no reason.  It is always because he wants food, drink, a toy etc.  I couldn't put him down and he just cried and cried and cried.  So off to the Emergency Department we went.  At 6:45 mind you...15 minutes before bedtime.  He cried for 20 minutes while we decided what to do, 20 minutes to the hospital and 20+ minutes while we got checked in and got to a bed.  Luckily his pulse ox (how much oxygen he was getting) was good...I mean he was crying which was a good sign but I didn't know what it could have been.

They did a chest xray (to see if he swallowed anything like a battery)...that was clear.  They did TWO blood draws including whatever blood tests they did and blood cultures.  They have to do one in each arm to get 2 different blood samples.  And they taped a little baggie over his penis to collect urine.  That took the longest as he didn't pee until probably 9:30pm!  Everything checked out normal except his blood sugar level.  It was like 223 or something which is VERY high.  They though he *may* have diabetes.  So off we went back home around 10pm and he crashed.

I cancelled my Monday and took him to the dr for a fasting blood test (only a toe prick) and his level was under 100 (normal) and then another one 2 hours later non fasting and it was like 136 or something like that??  Normal too.  The pediatrician called a pediatric endocrinologist and that dr was confidant it was not diabetes and they have no explanation for his lethargic behavior on Sunday and the high #.  They can only say that the stress of being in the ED could have elevated it. 

We still have no diagnosis or reasoning but he's been completely normal since then.  They said to video his behavior if it happens again. 

So that was Eth's 1st ED trip.  I wish it could be the last but I highly doubt that.  :( 



Here are some other pics if you made it through that post.... 

This child loves pushing anything


 Yogurt face

Wish I could take him on my trips!

 I just love his face!  He smiles if you say smile now...so cute!


 Kelsey's sunglasses


No comments: