I'm almost 2 weeks late with this post, but hey, we've been busy around here!
Ethan is quite the mover and shaker these days. And he's turning out to be my true little Scorpio child.
*I don't know how much he weighs but I'd imagine it's probably 26 pounds?
*He's still in a size 5 diaper and wears 18 mo-24 mo clothes. He wears some 2T pants but we have to roll up the legs. He wears a size 5 shoe
*We're officially bottle free!!! I have about 12 different kinds of sippy cups, but these seem to be working lately. He still doesn't hold it himself...why would he when we do it for him? Rough life. Haha!
*Ethan still has 3 8 oz bottles but lately has been leaving an ounce or two in each bottle so is getting more like 21-22 oz/day. He still has 3 solids meals and 2 little snacks.
*He's still getting 100% breast milk and I start the weaning process TOMORROW! Woot. I can't wait to get all that time back! The whole thing is bitter sweet. I hope this works out ok. I plan to be done by his birthday (11/11). Eric is happy to be getting the freezer space back!
*He's getting so much stronger and is becoming a great little walker. The kid has no concept of fear.
*He has all 8 teeth in now (4 top/4 bottom). The molars are next....can't wait for that!
*Lately, Ethan will go under our little side table or under the kitchen table to poop. It's hilarious!
*He knows what he wants, and there is no distracting him. Again, Scorpio baby. If the refrigerator door is open and he sees it, he wants in. If you close it before he gets there he gets so angry.
*He loves to climb. He'll manage to pull a toy or something under the window sill so he can pull himself up.
*He loves to pull himself up via the wall, but he must have his blocks from the Alphabet Train in hand.
*Ethan still loves to suck his thumbs (doesn't matter which one) while watching Baby Einstein or sleeping. He rubs his nose while doing so.
*Ethan still says dad and dog and can now say mama, but doesn't associate it to me. When repeating something back to him from a show or book, he tries to copy you but it doesn't sound like anything.
*Eth still LOVES "reading" books and loves going on walks in the stroller. It's so calming to him. I took the nanny to the library with Ethan last week so we could check it out. Ironically he could care less about the hundreds of board books, but wanted to explore and check out the other kids. OK, I guess he's in need of some serious socialization! The downfall of having a 1 on 1 nanny.
Our life with Ethan continues to be the most amazing journey in the entire world. :)



2 comments:
awww LOVE HIM!!!
What a cutie!! Don't they just get better and better? Good luck with the weaning! I was so relieved when we did - what a time saver! ;)
Post a Comment