We headed up to Washington last weekend primarily for Chris & Jen's wedding!
We dropped off our sweet and devil-ish dog on Friday night in Huntington. We landed pretty late at Seatac and got an email with this picture attached. We forgot to Chloe-proof the house and she got into the newspaper!!!! Sorry!!!!!
We stayed at the Doubletree Seatac thanks to some handy Pricelining ($40).
We dropped off our sweet and devil-ish dog on Friday night in Huntington. We landed pretty late at Seatac and got an email with this picture attached. We forgot to Chloe-proof the house and she got into the newspaper!!!! Sorry!!!!!
We stayed at the Doubletree Seatac thanks to some handy Pricelining ($40).
Saturday morning Eric's parent's, sister, brother-in-law and niece met us for breakfast! I wasn't able to spend much time with them--such a quick trip! :( We then headed up to Bellingham (near Canada) to check into our hotel. Then we attended the beautiful wedding. The grounds were amazing and I'm sure they will get some fabulous pictures!Sunday we went to friend Rikki/Todd's house for some delicious breakfast and to see all the work they've done on their home. Rikki is due with a little boy in about a month.
Then we went down to Seattle to have a BBQ with a ton of Eric's old roommates/friends from college. It was fun to finally put names to faces. We couldn't stay too long because I was flying out that evening. They were only about 30 minutes from the airport (which would have got me to the airport an hour before my flight), but it took over an HOUR and I hadn't yet checked in! I was about 5 minutes from missing the flight (ya know how you have to check in 30 min prior to departure?). I RAN to check in w/ the kiosk, RAN to use the restroom (of course...priorities!), RAN to security (thank God I got to the front of the line due to 1st class), wish I could have ran through the security line, but of course my bag had to go through a second time, and RAN to my gate which of course was NOT conveniently located.
I got to my seat and luckily there was enough room for my roller board. I was asked if I needed help putting my luggage up, and I actually said yes (I knew Eric would be mad if I tried to lift it myself). I mean really, am I going to go into labor if I lift the darn bag? I got 3 questions asking when I was due, if I knew what I was having, what the name was etc. I put on Eric's old school walkman, and listened to this. Real exciting, but I've picked up a few good tips to help me be more organized. It's HARD not having 1 office. I have a home office, 2 other offices I work out of, and my car which is practically another office. But, the gal next to me started swooning about being pregnant and that I need to cherish this time etc etc. Her kids are 13 and 19 and blah blah! :)
Then we went down to Seattle to have a BBQ with a ton of Eric's old roommates/friends from college. It was fun to finally put names to faces. We couldn't stay too long because I was flying out that evening. They were only about 30 minutes from the airport (which would have got me to the airport an hour before my flight), but it took over an HOUR and I hadn't yet checked in! I was about 5 minutes from missing the flight (ya know how you have to check in 30 min prior to departure?). I RAN to check in w/ the kiosk, RAN to use the restroom (of course...priorities!), RAN to security (thank God I got to the front of the line due to 1st class), wish I could have ran through the security line, but of course my bag had to go through a second time, and RAN to my gate which of course was NOT conveniently located.
I got to my seat and luckily there was enough room for my roller board. I was asked if I needed help putting my luggage up, and I actually said yes (I knew Eric would be mad if I tried to lift it myself). I mean really, am I going to go into labor if I lift the darn bag? I got 3 questions asking when I was due, if I knew what I was having, what the name was etc. I put on Eric's old school walkman, and listened to this. Real exciting, but I've picked up a few good tips to help me be more organized. It's HARD not having 1 office. I have a home office, 2 other offices I work out of, and my car which is practically another office. But, the gal next to me started swooning about being pregnant and that I need to cherish this time etc etc. Her kids are 13 and 19 and blah blah! :)

After my ordeal of a flight, Eric went back home and stayed w/ his parents until Wednesday. I'm WAY too stingy with my days off these days. Our sweet niece Lilly hung out. Such a cutie!



3 comments:
It was great to meet you, as well. I know Bradford is in good hands. :-)
It was great to finally meet you! Hope we can all get together sometime in the near future!
Chris
I was wonderful to finally meet you, Kristin! And, of course, to see Eric again!
Post a Comment