Monday, March 3, 2008

3.3.08

HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY

Tonight is our actual anniversary! The evening was spent FINALLY breaking into our cake topper which has been sitting there for an entire 366 days. I've eyed this beauty for months and tonight was THE night. Last night I placed it carefully from the freezer to the fridge (Eric is so thankful we can buy/freeze more meat now! ;) ) Then tonight, we pulled this baby out, put the 'B' from our actual wedding, got our engraved cake knife set and sliced into it. (I even made Eric hold my hand as we cut it (insert Eric's rolling eyes)). I had such high hopes as the cake one year ago was AMAZING, but this one was a bit dry!!! Kristin's Aunt Mary Kay made the entire cake including this cake topper. I think we needed to saran wrap it a lot, and keep it more fresh...oh well! We took a few bites (after microwaving a slice to make it softer), then it was time to say goodbye! We still had such a fun moment though!
We finished off the night watching just the highlights portion of our wedding video. It was so great to watch it again!!!
Happy Anniversary to US!!!

No comments: