Monday, June 23, 2014

Nostalgia

I wanted to get down my old photo albums from the garage storage last weekend because I really want to scan pictures in light of the recent fires.  I also had Eric get down a bunch of old totes with some really old stuff from my childhood so I can go through them. 
 
Ethan got his very first trophy on Saturday for soccer and teeball and he couldn't be more proud.  He is sleeping with it and carries it around with him.  It brought back so many fun memories of being on a team a long time ago.  Friendships, learning to win, learning to lose, teamwork...there are so many valuable lessons.
 
Ethan will start his very first AYSO (soccer) season in the fall and it will be interesting to see if he likes it or not.  I can't wait to see what he gravitates towards.
 
OK, so seriously what do I do with all of this old stuff?  Clearly myself nor my children will wear this stuff.  Maybe there is a market for vintage soccer and girl scout uniforms???
 
Soccer jerseys

My first communion dress

Brownies sash

Brownies sash

Patches

Girl Scout sash

Girl scout uniform

Tons of swimming metals and ribbons

No comments: