Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bite

This little boy is suspended from school for 5 days.  Lovely!
 
Ethan park
 
He bit one of his best buds AGAIN!  He did this a few weeks ago (and a few before that) and the school said that if he did it again, this would happen.  This little boy's mom is upset (I emailed her after the last one and she never replied), plus Ethan's teachers told me she was mad.  I completely understand and I'd be mad too.  It just stinks because the boys are such good friends but just get OOC when they are together.  I recently saw them eating together at their spring celebration and they were WILD.  I've never seen Ethan and another kid be so wild together!
 
Eth has a hard time with getting his way (pay back is a bitch for my stubbornness throughout life).  He also lacks the words to express exactly how he's feeling...so he acts out.
 
Apparently there was some argument about Ethan wanting a dump truck.  2 out of Ethan's 3 teachers were out today (1 just had a baby and the other is having surgery) so there were subs who didn't know that those boys couldn't play together. 
 
EVERY SINGLE morning we say "no biting, hitting, punching, pushing or pooping in our pants (that's a whole other post about how he got sent home to take a bath after wiping poop on his face).  He knows that if he's upset, he has to take 3 deep breaths and then either play somewhere else or go find a teacher to help him.  He KNOWS this, but today was a total bust. 
 
So all he gets to do is read books.  No playing with toys, going on walks, riding his bike or playing in the sandbox.  He gets to sleep or read books.  Miz.
 
Seriously?  Suspended from Preschool? 

No comments: