Our little monkey is 2 1/2! He had his well visit on Tuesday and is doing great!
Height: 38.75 (3 feet 2.75") 95%tile
He was NOT into standing on the scale so they used the baby chair and got 36 and a half pounds which I suppose is right. 96%tile.
BMI 17.11 and 75%tile (5-84% is normal)
-Ethan is in a size 6 diaper and a 5 'overnite' diaper at night. That's the biggest size they make but he seems to pee through it about every other night so we'll see. He was in 2 of these with a normal diaper but he kept pulling out the "pee pee pads" every night so we had to stop that. Too bad I have 4 packs of them! I think potty training is on the horizon. He just has no interest. At school he is just too busy to try but he does like flushing. We'll probably start in June because I would LOVE to have only 1 kid in diapers!
-He is about to grow out of all of his 3T clothes but some of the 4T pants are too long. He's ok in 4T shirts. His jammies are 4T but those are too small so we need to buy a bunch of 5T's.
-His shoe size is 9 1/2 XW
-He can do the ABC's all the way through LMNOP
-He can count to 13 and up to 20 with help
-He knows all of the words to Twinkle Twinkle and loves to sing it to himself at night
-He's still a very good eater. Some days he loves one thing and then the next won't touch it. Or he'll eat 3/4 of his macaroni and cheese serving and then say "I don't like it". Really? You just ate almost all of it. There isn't anything he doesn't like...it just depends on the day. His favorite is currently steamed broccoli and carrots.
-No molars but he's drooling like a 6 month old! It's crazy!
-Now that he's in his big boy bed, bedtime is more like 8pm. We're out of his room by 7:30 but he plays with his "beep beeps" or reads books until he finally gets bored. He wakes up between 6 and 7. Again, it just depends on how awake he is and if he sees his toys. In his crib he'd fall back asleep but now he's up!
-He loves going to school and loves his 2 teachers Meagan and Radha. I have to bribe him with fruit snacks to get into the car in the evening.
-He is a talking fiend! Complete sentences and all! It's so freaking adorable. I love when he says goodbye to Eric in the morning or goodnight to him at night. "Goodnight dada, love you" or "Bye dada, have a good day". Love! We're working on using words in the right context. Sometimes he'll say "her is coming over here". We'll correct him with 'she'. All normal things I know!
-His behavior is pretty good. He still loves to test the boundaries and not listen but for the most part he's a good little kiddo!
-He loves to build his Lego tower really high and then daddy threatens to tickle him if he knocks it down. He loves to knock it down and get tickled like crazy!
-I made his first dentist appointment for May 31. That will be interesting! He doesn't love getting his teeth brushed (or putting sunscreen on in the morning).
-His favorite shows right now are Bubble Guppies and Dora the Explorer. Aside from that, he doesn't really care about TV. And I'm sure he'll be over those shows next month.
Here he is playing with a light stick in the bathtub
He does this funny side eye thing where he'll look to one side and shift his eyes over to you but keep his head still. It's so funny!
On his bike at the park
His 1/2 cake for his 2 1/2 birthday 'celebration". He already dug into the cake so it looks a little scary. But man, that gel icing is not very user friendly! User error I guess!


2 is very challenging but so far very rewarding. He is just a doll and we love him to pieces!






No comments:
Post a Comment