We had Ethan's 2nd birthday party this morning! As I mentioned we were supposed to be at a park today with a bounce house, snacks, mimosas and a really fun playground, BUT the forecast had other plans. I told Eric last night that I hoped it would POUR all day because of all of the craziness...and it did. We ended up going to Art Soup. They don't book parties one Saturday a month and this weekend happened to be one of those days. Tiffany, the owner was such a sweetheart and totally hooked this mama up! Did I mention they are booked through April???? Needless to say we will most likely not be doing another planned outdoor party. Or if we do, we'll own a bigger house to accommodate a lot of people as a backup plan. We had planned on having 40 adults and 20 people! I truly should have done this from the get go. It's about a wash cost wise and almost zero effort goes into it!
Cupcake toppers made by my dear friend Becca. She makes the best party stuff!
GG's banner!
We have several girlfriend's/future wives for Ethan already in the works but his little friend at school Chloe is such a love bug. Every time I drop off/pick Ethan up she runs up and gives me a hug and either announces "Ethan's here", or just gives him the biggest hug goodbye. On Wednesday he got his first (mouth) kiss from Chloe. It was seriously the cutest thing. BUT, this little guy woke up crankers this morning and luckily was very happy during the party, but towards 11:30 he was not having fun any more. I think it was just SO much stimulus and attention on him that he was exhausted. He has a little runny nose and was tugging at his right ear earlier so I hope he doesn't have another ear infection. We'll take him in tomorrow if he's not happy in the morning. He slept from 1-3:30 today (I woke him at 3:30 so he'd sleep tonight) and went to bed at 7:15 and crashed! Poor guy!
Ethan and grandma Jeanne. I wish we would have gotten pictures earlier as opposed to at the end when he was a mess but he's usually such a happy guy all the time that I didn't even think about it! :(
And here's all of his loot. We cheated and opened all of his gifts when he was sleeping. I wanted to make sure I wrote down who gave him what properly and we actually have tucked a few of the gifts away and will give him them when he's in need of a new little toy! And, he won't remember not opening them up. I must admit, that I had fun! :)
Thank you to EVERYONE who came today. I'm so grateful that we have such amazing family and friends who want to spend the day celebrating our wonderful little boy!







1 comment:
Thank you love for the kind shout out! You did a fantastic job. Hugs!
Post a Comment