Ethan had his 18 month visit today and he's doing great!
The stats:
Height 35" (100%) (was 76% at 15 mo 3 weeks)
Weight 29.8 (90%) (was 79% at 15 mo 3 weeks)
Head Circumference 48cm (52%) (was 55% at 15 mo 3 weeks)
He obviously had a huge height/weight growth spurt in the last 8 1/2 weeks! Holy cow!
Eth has TOTAL white coat syndrome! He screams when layed down on the table so they can get his height, when he has to get weighed, when the dr. was checking his heart and of course at shot time. He just knows! He calms down pretty easily when given berries though...I keep the good stuff for last.
He met all of his milestones except combining 2 or more words. He still says single words...I'm sure that will come in time. Especially because we're looking to enroll him in daycare!!! I've REALLY enjoyed having him with a nanny but think that he is ready for more interaction and working on social skills. I went to one in home daycare and just didn't like it at all. I think I prefer a center and went to two today. I still don't think I could put a newborn in a center but seeing all of the 2 year olds playing makes me think he's ready for it. And not to mention we'll be saving over 40% of what we spend now. I still love his nanny interaction but feel really good about the change. We're going to do it at the end of September after we get back from our cruise. I would love to do it earlier but I KNOW he'll be super sick for the first few months and I don't want it to coincide. So, the hunt continues for the perfect fit. As luck would have it, I just found out our current nanny is moving back to Texas either at the end of July or possibly August depending on when school starts. Don't we have the best luck w/ nannies? So we'll have a few weeks that we'll need to figure out.
-still in size 5 dipes
-wears 18-24 month and some 2T clothes.
-his shoe size is 6 1/2/7.
-he has 3 sippy cups of whole milk/day...approx. 6-7 oz each.
-he likes vegetables a lot, he LOVES fruit. Food is hit or miss. Last night he loved pasta w/ Alfredo sauce, today he wouldn't touch it. He's kind of picky sometimes.
-he still has 16 teeth. I think only his 2 year molars are left.
-his bed time is now 6:45-7pm and he takes one nap from about 11am-1:30pm.
-he still loves to dance (sway back and forth) every time he hears music.
-he loves getting chased backwards. He runs forward and you chase him backwards...he loves it! He'll sometimes run and then drop to the ground and crawl (as if it's faster). When he gets to this one carpet in the kitchen he lays down like he's safe!
-he bit Evan (the baby we nanny share w/ 3x/week) right under the eye. He loves to give Evan kisses and Michelle didn't notice he was actually biting him. Awesome. It was actually very minor and wasn't an actual bite (no blood drawn). But STILL! Geez!
-bath time is still fun. He's blowing bubbles now in the water.
-he says mama, dada, dog, car, bath, ball, bye, hi, bear, baby, diaper, down, beep beep, and I know at least 5 more...can't remember.
-he can point out nose, mouth, eyes, ears, head, hair, belly, feet & toes. He is aware of MANY other words...probably 50-100.
-he uses baby sign language for 'more' all the time when eating. Especially fruit! That's pretty much the only one...we don't work on any others.
-he will pet Chloe very softly but you have to watch him because it could turn not so gentle quickly.
-he loves the baby pool we got him and has no fear. He just runs in and out like nobody's business.
-Ethan still loves books. I got smart and checked some out at the library last month. I must keep doing that!
The name Ethan is #2...geez! http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/index.html
From the 18 month sheet: "Temper Tantrums: Your child may start to have temper tantrums. This is a normal stage of development. A tantrum is often a way for your child to express his/her views and to release tension, especially since language skills are limited."
Yup.......got it!



No comments:
Post a Comment