Thursday, March 10, 2011

15 months (& 3 weeks) stats

Ethan finally had his 15 month well visit (at almost 16 months).  The only changes from my last post are that he officially has 10 teeth and one of his canine's is popping through.  Also, in addition to mama, dada, dog, car, bath, ball, bye, ni night, he says bear & baby.  I really should write them down when I hear them, but I always forget...I know there are a couple more.

The stats:
Height 32.25 (76%)
Weight 27.12 (79%)
Head Circumference 47.5 (55%)

The other big thing at that appointment was the MMR shot.  I know that doctors say that there is no link to autism and MMR, but it scares the CRAP out of me....like big time.  Eric's cousin's son had the shot and it's like the lights were turned off the next day.  He is to this day autistic.  I had the MOST horrible appointment with this new doctor (Dr. Escuro) at his office (not his normal doctor).  She was so rude and unhelpful.  I had a really hard time deciding if I should get it that day or wait a bit.  She did not respect our alternate vaccination schedule (she recommended he get 4 shots that day...um no!).  I ended up getting the MMR, but needless to say I left the office in tears.  We will not be returning to see her for any reason.  We are on day 7 post the shot and he seems ok so far.  He's been running a mild fever (99.5-100.5) since then but acts normal.  The live virus part of it is in full swing 7-10 days post shot...so we're in the thick of it.  I'm sure he'll be fine but man it's scary to be a parent!

2 comments:

kim said...

Hugs. I am mildly worried about it, too. And we'll stay away from that doctor.

Kristin and Eric Bradford said...

Ya, she was awful. Do not go to her!