Sunday, August 15, 2010

9 months old



Big Ethan is 9 months old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3/4 to a year, wow. I'm still adjusting to this new normal...he's just always changing. He HATES getting his dipe changed and eating a bottle is such a challenge (which clearly has never been a challenge for him in the past).

  • Ethan weighs 25 pounds and is in the 96th percentile
  • His length is 29" and that is the 76th percentile
  • His head is 45cm which is 40th percentile (his poor little noggin)--no problems though
  • He is reaching all of his milestones perfectly (crawling, standing etc)
  • He can go from sitting to kneeling and kneeling to pulling up very easily
  • He can climb our entire flight of stairs in a minute
  • He wears size 4 diapers
  • He eats 3 meals a day and 1-2 snacks/day
  • He eats 4 bottles/day of 7 oz ea (28oz) but that will probably change this week to 6 oz each (maybe 7-8 oz in the morning). He hasn't been finishing his bottles lately.
  • He is fed exclusive breastmilk (I cannot believe I'm still pumping!!!)
  • His first word was "Dada" and he actually knows him. I say "mama" like its going out of style but he prefers to say dada. That's ok! I think he can say dog too.
  • He has 2 teeth in and the top two are showing through (saw 8/12/10)


  • I am an ultra crazy mom and bought a video monitor (in addition to the movement monitor) for my NINE month old! I'm crazy and Eric is less than thrilled but I was SO sick of saying "I wish I could see him". I've already learned so many valuable things and I WISH I would have had it when we sleep trained him. I've had it less than a day and I have zero buyers remorse. I admit I'm a bit psychotic but hey....that's why I work right?

    Ethan clearly would rather be a beaver than nap. I bought one more set of guards but I need to get another. He also tried to pull down the curtains today, so we TOTALLY rearranged his room. The crib is now on a wall. Ugg!

I still can't believe this boy is 9 months old. He continues to amaze me every day and I'm so blessed that he is in my life. I love him with all of my soul!

No comments: