5 months? No freaking way! This month really snuck up on me. I guess just going back to work and all. I can't believe I've been back over a month now. I miss him terribly, but know that he is in very capable and loving arms with Kelsey.
Everyone says "it goes by so fast", but at this rate I feel like I'll be moving him into his dorm room in a few weeks. I was totally unprepared for how quickly time has flown by...and I HATE it! I want him to stay little forever...I mean seriously.
What a fun month it has been for little E. Ethan can now roll over...although he doesn't love doing it. We've had a small challenge with naps because he rolls over and gets so frustrated that he can't roll back. But, we pulled out the sleep positioner once again and he seems to be doing fine again. He sleeps on his belly and he has excellent head control. In fact when we hear him stirring from a nap, he pops that head up like a turtle and looks around for us. It's so cute. We are teaching him baby sign language (really just 'milk' and 'all done' for now), and we sign 'milk'...he is basically telling us "I don't care, give it to me now". When he's done with the bottle we have to hide it from him so he doesn't see it...smart kiddo. He can almost sit up by himself. He can sit for a good while unsupported but usually topples over. Soon though.
Solids are going well. Too well, as Ethan has been very solid himself. Let's just say he's had prunes the last 4 days, and it finally worked (x3). On his menu has been oatmeal, sweet potato, avocado, and prunes. He still has frozen peas which he will get this week. I think banana will be after that. He really enjoys eating (obvi) and opens his mouth with anticipation.
Everyone says "it goes by so fast", but at this rate I feel like I'll be moving him into his dorm room in a few weeks. I was totally unprepared for how quickly time has flown by...and I HATE it! I want him to stay little forever...I mean seriously.
What a fun month it has been for little E. Ethan can now roll over...although he doesn't love doing it. We've had a small challenge with naps because he rolls over and gets so frustrated that he can't roll back. But, we pulled out the sleep positioner once again and he seems to be doing fine again. He sleeps on his belly and he has excellent head control. In fact when we hear him stirring from a nap, he pops that head up like a turtle and looks around for us. It's so cute. We are teaching him baby sign language (really just 'milk' and 'all done' for now), and we sign 'milk'...he is basically telling us "I don't care, give it to me now". When he's done with the bottle we have to hide it from him so he doesn't see it...smart kiddo. He can almost sit up by himself. He can sit for a good while unsupported but usually topples over. Soon though.
Solids are going well. Too well, as Ethan has been very solid himself. Let's just say he's had prunes the last 4 days, and it finally worked (x3). On his menu has been oatmeal, sweet potato, avocado, and prunes. He still has frozen peas which he will get this week. I think banana will be after that. He really enjoys eating (obvi) and opens his mouth with anticipation.
I think he's teething too. The drool has been ongoing for several weeks, but now he's putting his hands in his mouth...or ours, or toys etc. I don't feel any, and he doesn't seem overly fussy, but I think they are on their way!
The dairy/soy thing is still an ongoing battle. I'm still dairy/soy free and MISS it like crazy. I've recently given up eggs just in case and will try and bring those back in to test the theory. He seems to be doing well though. I'm tempted to give him some soy formula just to see, but I don't want to mess with anything as he's doing so well.
Ethan is sleeping like a champ. 6-6....Hallelujah! His hair is finally starting to grow. The top is super fuzzy, but it's growing quickly.
He's smiling and babbling like mad and is starting to get ticklish. He LOVES his daddy and has such a fun time with him.
Ethan is the absolute best thing in the world! Life is perfect with my 2 men.
The dairy/soy thing is still an ongoing battle. I'm still dairy/soy free and MISS it like crazy. I've recently given up eggs just in case and will try and bring those back in to test the theory. He seems to be doing well though. I'm tempted to give him some soy formula just to see, but I don't want to mess with anything as he's doing so well.
Ethan is sleeping like a champ. 6-6....Hallelujah! His hair is finally starting to grow. The top is super fuzzy, but it's growing quickly.
He's smiling and babbling like mad and is starting to get ticklish. He LOVES his daddy and has such a fun time with him.
Ethan is the absolute best thing in the world! Life is perfect with my 2 men.



No comments:
Post a Comment