Monday, October 22, 2007

The fires are a burnin

2007 Fires

What a crazy day! Eric and I are home and safe! San Diego is most definitely NOT out of the woods yet...it will be a very long week.

As of 8pm Monday, over 500 homes lost and 100 businesses...death toll rising

We are packed and will wait to see if we need to evacuate.


This morning we woke up and were starting to get ready for work. I looked out the window and saw this...


I screamed to Eric and had him get out of the shower (I was freaked out)! We immediately turned on the news and briefly contemplated doing work today and Eric going in today. The decision was "no". We were glued to the TV all day!
About 20 minutes later, it looked like this....




luckily the orange hue was just the sun coming up...the smoke was still scary though.

This is a view walking towards the pool (w/ the sun)

It is a bad photo, but see where it says "San Marcos"...thats us!


Over the canyon


Eric packing up the essentials...while somehow still being a joker!

http://www.cbs8.com/

http://www.signonsandiego.com/

We were going stir crazy and called our neighbors/friends Danny & Erica to see if they wanted to get some dinner with us. Almost everything (not surprisingly) was closed. We ended up finding Baja Fresh (which was packed!) for some dinner. More later!


No comments: